Look what I did on Sunday afternoon!
32 pretty pink squares, salvaged from my very first attempt at making a quilt a few years ago.
That first quilt was truly terrible. The combination of fabrics was all wrong. I mean, they all coordinated well -- I used a fat quarter bundle, so that part was easy -- but I didn't put them together well. The quilt top was too busy. It wasn't well designed; just a mish-mash of fabrics that I liked with no focus, no thought put into the pairings. That was just as well, though, because since I had no idea what I was doing, I hadn't cut the fabric straight, my blocks were all wonky (and not in a good way), the seams were uneven, and nothing lined up the way it was supposed to.
I hated it immediately. And was kind of embarrassed by it. So I destroyed the evidence of my quilt piecing mishap, taking my seam-ripper to the blocks and tossing the resulting scraps in a box for later use.
I wish now that I had a photo of that quilt top, so could point to it and say, "look how much I've learned since then!"
Here's hoping my second go-round with this fabric yields a prettier result.